Ethos Vision, Ethos and Values
The mission statement of Town End Academy is:
‘To provide a high quality educational community which offers life changing opportunities in a safe, creative and exciting environment. All are valued and inspired to flourish and grow as individuals, leaving us believing the sky is the limit!’
In order to ensure that our mission is realised, all of our academies are governed by a firm set of non-negotiable standards, which all staff are held accountable to.
These standards are:
- Mutual respect and trust for all
- Everyone has a voice
- Cooperative and dedicated teamwork
- Consistent and holistic approach
- Strong relationships between all stakeholders
- Academies at the heart of the community
- Safe, secure, stimulating and supportive environment
- Independent learners
- Life-long learning opportunities for all
- High expectations of all
- Excellent attainment and achievement
- Fully inclusive, creative curriculum catering for the needs of all children
- Outstanding teaching and learning
- Everyone reaches full potential
- Confident, resilient children with high self-esteem
- Excellent communication
- Ensure high aspirations and develop children’s life skills so that they can achieve their goals
- Fully develop children’s gifts and talents through fully extended provision
- Nurturing, supportive, happy ethos with acknowledgement for everyone’s roles
- Develop the social, emotional, moral and spiritual aspects of all
- High quality resources fit for 21st century
- High level of accountability
- Forward looking
- Calculated risk taking
Town End Academy has a fully inclusive ethos where all members of the school community are encouraged to have high aspirations for themselves. Learning, leading to high academic attainment, is at the heart of each academy with all children, irrespective of inherent ability, striving to fulfil their potential. Learning experiences are woven into an exciting curriculum which is broad, balanced and relevant, where children develop core basic skills which are transferable to everyday life situations.
Children develop as confident individuals, successful learners and responsible citizens in a safe, high quality learning environment which is up-to-date and equipped with the necessary technologies to prepare them for life in the twenty-first century. They have a strong voice along with their parents and wider stakeholders. Comprehensive, extended provision supports children in developing specific gifts and talents and places the school at the heart of the community which it serves.
Town End Academy operates an open-door policy with parents, carers and the local community. All are welcomed into the Academy so that all can participate and share skills and experiences with the children.